Labor & Employment Mid-Level Associate (Los Angeles):
Michelman & Robinson, LLP is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Labor & Employment Associate to join our esteemed Los Angeles office. With a rich history of providing exceptional legal services, M&R is a leading law firm known for its innovative thinking and collaborative approach. As a Labor & Employment Associate at M&R, you will have the opportunity to work on challenging and complex legal matters, while contributing to a vibrant and inclusive work environment.
- Provide legal counsel and representation to clients on a wide range of labor and employment matters, including but not limited to, discrimination claims, wage and hour issues, employment contracts, workplace policies, and regulatory compliance.
- Conduct legal research, draft legal documents, and advise clients on potential risks and strategies.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including attorneys, paralegals, and support staff, to develop innovative and effective legal solutions.
- Represent clients in administrative proceedings, negotiations, mediations, and arbitrations.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in labor and employment laws and regulations, and proactively advise clients on compliance matters.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from a top accredited law school.
- Admission to the California State Bar or eligibility for reciprocity.
- 5 to 6 years of relevant experience in labor and employment law.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, and local labor and employment laws.
- Excellent research, writing, and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Working at M&R:
Inclusion, professional growth, philanthropy, and fun – these are words that perfectly describe M&R’s culture. The firm fosters an inclusive environment where everyone has a voice. This encourages healthy internal debate and innovative, strategic thinking.
At M&R, teams of attorneys, paralegals, and support staff work collaboratively to find creative legal solutions on behalf of clients that are located from coast-to-coast. Here, everyone plays a pivotal role, and our commitment to a fully engaged workforce is unwavering. So too is the firm’s emphasis on professional development, as well as the importance of giving back to the community. At the same time, we’re dedicated to making M&R the best and most enjoyable place to work. Toward that end, the firm places a premium on event and social engagement. We also take pride in our efforts to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace. That being said, we have been listed in Law360’s “Top 100 Firms for Minority Attorneys.” Additionally, Vault recently awarded M&R with the following accolades: “Top 10 Midsize Law Firms to Work For” and “Best Law Firm for Diversity.”
Salary and Benefits:
M&R offers a competitive salary range of $265,000 to $275,000, commensurate with experience, for the position of Labor & Employment Associate. In addition to the base salary, generous bonuses are provided based on individual and firm performance. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plans, paid time off, professional development opportunities, and more. If you are a dedicated and dynamic attorney with a passion for labor and employment law, we would love to hear from you.
Note: Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Michelman & Robinson, LLP is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.