Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We're looking for a Commercial Counsel to join the Snap Legal team! Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll play a key role in Snap’s commercial transactions and advise teams throughout the company on legal issues spanning the breadth of Snap’s products and services.
What you’ll do:
- Draft, negotiate, review, and interpret agreements and provide tactical and strategic advice to Snap business and product leaders related to commercial and technology transactions
- Lead and manage all legal aspects of deals with key partners that provide technology powering the Snapchat mobile application, as well as the content appearing on Snapchat
- Develop and apply policies and practices arising under laws and regulations governing the usage and distribution of publisher-produced and user-generated content, including those related to privacy, copyright, trademark, defamation, and right-of-publicity law, along with regulatory rules from agencies like the FTC and FCC
- Advise Snap business units on legal issues and risks, company policies, and business strategy
- Coordinate with colleagues from every part of the company as part of cross-functional teams addressing these matters
- JD degree
- Membership in at least one state bar
- 5+ years of experience practicing law related to technology, media, or general commercial transactions
For more information, please visit https://boards.greenhouse.io/snapchat/jobs/1247983.